Another round of retirement changes are on the way after President Biden signed a spending bill in December 2022 that included the SECURE Act 2.0. Retirees and pre-retirees need to understand what this legislation means, how it might impact you, and what planning opportunities this could open up.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn on this episode:
- The key differences in SECURE Act and SECURE Act 2.0 (1:06)
- The age for RMDs is moving back even further. (2:52)
- The penalties for missing RMDs is not nearly as significant. (3:59)
- The big change to 529 plans that might give you more flexibility. (7:20)
- Employers have the ability set aside money for student loan payments. (12:27)
- Some lifetime income options inside 401(k) accounts will be available. Is that a good thing? (17:36)
For more, visit us online: https://baschrock-fg.com/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.